During winter misty afternoons there’s nothing better than a nice cup of tea, your favorite read and comforting dessert. For such occasion, one of our favorite quick and easy desserts is a good old fruit crumble. Flavor of warm and soft fruit in combination with crumbly and crunchy buttery texture is always a good idea. That’s why we want to share with you this gluten-free plum and pear crumble recipe. The addition of thyme gives this simple dessert an old-fashion note, freshness and warmness. If you are new to gluten-free and are worried about flour mixtures, this gluten free crumble topping is so simple and easy to make, plus you can make it from available ingredients (you can make your own flour by grinding oats and millet in blender). From starches, you will just need tapioca flour, which you can get in Asian shops or health food shops. And of course high-quality butter!
GLUTEN FREE CRUMBLE RECIPE
Don’t you just love simple desserts that are easy to make? Well, this healthy crumble recipe demands just a few ingredients and a bit of time. Choose pears and plums that are bit softer, but not overripe. Fresh thyme will give specific freshness to your dessert.
Gluten free crumble topping recipe; You can make both oat and millet flour by grinding oats and millet in a coffee grinder or blender.
How to make homemade crème fraîche; combine 2 cups of heavy cream with 3 tablespoons of buttermilk in a covered glass jar and leave it on the room temperature until thickened, for about 24h. Store in the refrigerator.
Delicious gluten free crumble; a perfect combination of warm spicy fruit and a crunchy, buttery streusel-like topping made of oats and millet. Aroma and flavor of thyme give this traditional dessert sophisticated touch.
- 2 Pears (medium size)
- 6 Plums
- 1 T Butter
- fresh thyme
- spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves
- 1 T brandy or lemon juice
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup millet flour
- ¼ heaping cup tapioca
- ⅛ raw cane sugar
- 50 g / 4T cold butter
- 1 cup crème fraiche
- 1t vanilla extract
- ½ t cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease the bottom of your cast-iron or any other oven-safe skillet with butter and spread plum and pear slices. Toss with spices and few springs of fresh thyme.
- Sauté with bit of vanilla extract and brandy (or lemon juice) over medium-high heat for 5- 10 minutes.
- Mix together oat flour, millet flour, tapioca starch and sugar. Add chunks of cold butter and use your hands to create a crumbly texture. (Or using food processor pulse a few seconds.)
- Top sautéed fruits with crumble topping and bake in the middle of oven for 15-20 minutes until crumble is golden.
- Cool for ten minutes and serve with crème fraîche mixed with vanilla and cinnamon.